Dr Mandar Nadkarni
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
Medical Research Centre
Consultant Surgical Oncologist
DNB, MS, MBBS
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
Training, Certification & Fellowship
- Trained & worked at Tata Memorial Hospital – Mumbai
- Oncoplastic surgery & implant reconstruction training – Centre Oscar Lambret – France
- Dr Nadkarni is a Consultant Surgical Oncologist at Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai.
- He has worked for over 10 years at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai; where he was a consultant breast cancer surgeon and professor of surgical oncology.
- His expertise includes conservative surgery for axillary lymph nodes like sentinel node biopsy using radio colloid and isosulfan blue dye (for early breast cancers) and 4 node axillary sampling (anatomic).
- He has a visiting observership to the Centre Oscar Lambret, France.
- He was an invited faculty for the Breast Health Global Initiative at the Fred Hutchinson Research Centre, Washington, USA; to represent India to brainstorm and formulate guidelines for breast cancer management in the developing world.
- He coordinated the WHO Indian panel for development of guidelines for treatment of breast cancer in India, depending upon different levels of available infrastructure.
- He has over 20 publications in various journals.