Professor Hashim Ahmed
Imperial Private Healthcare
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Consultant Urological Surgeon & Professor and Chair of Urology
- Prostrate Cancer
- Raised PSA
- MRI image-fusion targeted prostate biopsies
- Benign Prostrate Hyperplasia
Training, Certification & Fellowship
- Medical training – University of Oxford, UK
- Fellow at Pelican Cancer Research Foundation
- MRC Clinician Research Training Fellowship – University College London, UK
- William Osler Prize in Medicine
- Professor Ahmed is an internationally renowned expert in prostrate cancer diagnosis, imaging and biopsy.
- He is also an expert in minimally invasive therapies such as HIFU and cryotherapy – either whole gland or focal therapy for primary prostrate cancer or radiorecurrent disease.
- He was named as UK’s Prostrate Cancer Specialist of the Year at the Private Healthcare Awards, 2018.
- He has also received the BMJ Award for Innovation in 2015 for his groups work in prostrate cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- He is the lead principle investigator and co-principal investigator in a number of multi-centre trails including the UK National Institute for Health Research – Health Technology Assessment (NIHR-HTA) funded National Cancer Research Network (NCRN).
- He has completed numerous phase I/II clinical trials, evaluating the role of focal therapy in prostrate cancer.
- He has been a visiting professor to the University of California – USA, Tokyo, Weill-Cornell and Detroit universities.
- He has given over 30 plenary lectures at national and international urology, oncology and imaging meeting.